Best Viewed

If the layout is stretched, press the control button and the minus button to shrink. Press the control button and 0 to return to normal. -Thank You!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Newb vs. Noob

It's Sunday and I have nothing to do. So, I decided to write a little article on Newb vs. N00b. They are somewhat different. Even though I don't concern myself with N00bs or Newbs...I also don't think I am an elitist and I don't think I am better than any other Pico player.

N00b vs. Newb


Let's define Newb and Noob/N00b

1. Newb: You are a Newb when you first joined Pico. Everyone at one time was a Newb.

2. N00b: You are a N00b when you are annoying and do things unacceptable to the game. For example: asking for AG, AG cheats etc., making Sex events, harassing others, and chat flooding. You don't have be new but you sure do act like it buy doing those things.

I think I wrote this article 3 times before I could make it as unoffensive as possible. However this is my favorite explanation of N00bs! Sorry about all the pc lingo but...I think you can still get the gist.

Newbs are Picos running around in their brand new t-shirt and frilly mini skirt (if girls). They occasionally have a pink, blue or yellow star above their heads announcing to the Pico world that they are learning and soon will no longer be a Newb. They do occasionally ask questions but good newbs do their homework like reading the guide or Picostyle :P.

Now, somewhere between completing your star guide book and integrating into Pico society, you'll learn about what is acceptable and what is not. This is where you'll either become a normal Pico player or a N00b.

Some of the things you learn is whether to ask for props or not, is it okay to create inappropriate events, are there any AG cheats or not and much more.   

With this new knowledge you can either do good or bad.

If you learn that most players hate being asked for props..you'll do good by propping them first and hoping that they prop back.  Newb->normal player

If on the other hand you learn that most players hate being asked for props but if poked and prodded long enough will give them to you anyway, then you  will continue to harass. Newb->N00b

The lines are blurry in Pico however. You can get away with a lot of bad behavior if you have say for example AG, or a clan/family. 


What are my 2 biggest N00b pet peeve? 

1. Begging for AG or complaining about not having AG in an AG driven game. Yes, I do sometimes complain about the price but I have never disputed whether they should eradicate the use of AG altogether. 

It is just not practical. Pico has never been a game without AG and I don't think it will turn into a game without AG. It would be N00bish of me to stick around complaining. The best arguement you can make to Pico to get them to consider not using AG is to stop playing altogether! Nothing speaks louder than a drop in players lol. 
Also, because there is so much emphasis on AG, it allows scammers to flourish. There is always that one Pico willing to sacrifice their account for AG. >.< tsk tsk. 


2. Prop beggers and prop harassers! My poor ten.ten. has been blocked for props, insulted for props, chased around parks for props, and has had conversations interrupted for lousy props. If you knew me, all you would need to do is prop me and in less than 2 seconds it would be returned. 

I think I'm pretty friendly online and I'd help a Newb in a second but N00bs I cannot compute xD and don't want to. 

So, please do not discredit or confuse our wonderful Newbs with N00bs, they are learning and if shown the way, they will soon grow into nice and friendly picos that respect other players. 

A great example of when a "Newb" run into N00bs found here at Picoperfect.


thnx newbie Ji for dealing with N00bie ten.ten. xD

3 comments:

  1. I much prefer amebapigg/pigg-life than pico. Maybe because I don't understand Japanese the people in pigg seem nicer? When I props them for the most part they'll props back. And they always bow when I water their plants. But with Pico if I props everyone in a big room, maybe 1 if any would props me back. And they constantly ask for props which is annoying cause when I do prop them they don't prop me back. Which is why I'm more active in Amepigg/pigg-life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing about Pico is that I could understand the mission because it's in English and there is way more clothing options for non AG members. But pretty much that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! If I could transport my room and items to Pigg, I don't think I would hesitate to do so. xD

    I do agree with both your good points and bad points about Pico. I feel the same way! It's frustrating sometimes^^.

    Thank you for commenting and reading. :D

    ReplyDelete